Guided Access (Kiosk Mode) Setup
When preparing a QuickTest iPad for use in a standalone kiosk, there are certain settings you need to enable to make sure that your participants have a streamlined and easily accessible experience. These settings are referred to as, "Guided Access," and they prevent the user from accessing anything on the iPad other than QuickTest.
Note: when using a QuickTest iPad in a standalone kiosk, ensure that your iPad is plugged in to prevent the battery from draining.
To set up guided access:
- Go to your iPad's Settings
- Once there, go to General > Accessibility > Guided Access, then tap the switch to enable Guided Access
- Once Guided Access is enabled, more Guided Access options will appear. Tap on Mirror Display Auto-Lock to enable it. Ensure that Mirror Display Auto-Lock is ON before continuing
- Once your Guided Access settings are enabled, tap on Display and Brightness > Auto-Lock
- Set your Auto-Lock to "Never"
- Open the app that you would like to use in Guided Access mode
- Press the Home button three times to turn on Guided Access
- Tap "Start"
To start a Guided Access session:
Your iPad is now configured to run as a standalone kiosk.
Last Updated: 2020-07-07
Was this article helpful?