Accessing The Portal & Configuring Languages
If you wish to customize your QuickTest settings before beginning your testing, you first need to log in to your customer web portal.
To log in to the portal:
- Go to portal.shoebox.md
- Enter your e-mail and password
After logging in for the first time, you will be asked to choose one of the nineteen QuickTest-supported languages that you will be using on your iPad.
Note: this will only change the language for QuickTest on the iPad, and will not change the language displayed on the portal.
This language setting can be changed at any time by going to Settings > QuickTest > Language.
On the Language page, you can select as many participant-facing languages as you require.
Note: uploading the default CSV template will return all of your language settings to default.
Switching your primary language will enable you to add and edit custom text content for your QuickTest app in the primary language you selected, located on the “General” and “Test Setup” settings pages.. This allows you to update the custom text for each language without using a CSV, if you prefer. Your content for each language will save separately from each other, and languages do not overwrite each other.
Selecting more than one language will enable a Language Select screen on the app (see below) that participants will be prompted with before beginning the test.
Downloading Additional Language Keyboards Onto Your iPad
Enabling multiple selectable languages onto your iPad may require you to download the corresponding Apple keyboard to your iPad in order to support the selected language.
For example, if you want to enable Arabic as a selectable language, you will need to download the Arabic keyboard to your iPad for your Participants to be able to enter text using their language.
To download additional language keyboards:
- Tap the "Settings" icon on your iPad
- On the "General" pane, tap on "Keyboard"
- Tap on "Add New Keyboard"
- Select your desired keyboard
- Your new keyboard will appear in your keyboards list
- QuickTest will automatically detect which keyboard to enable for the participant based on the language they chose from the language select screen. Below is an example of an Arabic screen with the text shifted to right-to-left reading and the keyboard automatically switched to the newly downloaded Arabic keyboard.
Last Updated: 2020-02-14
Was this article helpful?